I didn’t think I’d ever need to get a watch. Who needs a watch these days when there is an iPad and iPhone to tell time, with much more interesting information and entertaintment? That is… until I got myself an Apple Watch Series 3!
Here are some reasons why everyone, especially busy moms need an Apple Watch:
- One problem for many moms is they never have time to take photos of themselves WITH their babies, and if they rely on their husbands, the result isn’t always desirable.
- Although the Apple Watch doesn’t have a camera, it has a Camera Remote app that connects to the iPhone’s camera.
- This means I can set my phone on the side, and remotely take photos or videos using my watch.
- For moms who are always behind the camera, capturing images of your family, the Camera Remote is especially handy for taking photos of yourself and your kids
Answering phone calls, Text Messaging / Whatsapp
- The Apple Watch IS a phone on your wrist: an eSIM can be embedded so phone calls can be received and made without your iPhone close by. It even has a built-in speaker and microphone so you can talk directly to your watch.
- Here is a very good post on how this can be done: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/guide-phone-calls-on-apple-watch-3607555/
- The Series 3 also lets you reply incoming message notifications (WhatsApp, WeChat, iMessage) by dictating your message or scribbling your reply.
- Because of this reason, I keep my watch on the whole day!
- I never got into the habit of using Siri on my phone. However, with a watch on my wrist, it’s easier using Siri to ask for today’s weather, setting the timer for your cooking, etc.
Pop Up Notifications
- When you are juggling different things and multitasking, you don’t always have an extra hand to hold onto your phone.
- Whatever pops up on your phone will show up on your watch: Google Calendar events, text messages, Uber car arrival, news headlines, and much more. This, again, makes it easier to put down my phone and focus on my kids, or my lessons while being instantaneously connected with what is happening.
- I ran into the problem of NOT being able to see my notifications initially, so here is a good post on some of the reasons why: https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204791